We're glad to announce that Community Voting Process has started for PyCon Argentina 2012. You can select your preferences among more than 82 talks proposed and 11 tutorials/workshops. This year, we're opening the Scientific and Extreme tracks, with more than 12 proposals each!
Please help us voting your prefered talks for the conference following the next link (registration required): http://ar.pycon.org/2012/
Admittance is free of charge (gratis), to register, please complete the following form: http://ar.pycon.org/2012/user/
PyCon Argentina 2012 Keynotes
This year, the pre-confirmed keynote presenters are:
- Massimo Di Pierro (US) - De Paul University: web2py / FermiQCD
- Andrea Gavana (DK) - Maersk Oil: wx.lib.agw & 2D/3D visualization
- Brett Cannon (CA) - Google: python core developer: importlib py3k pypy
- Christophe Pettus (US) - PostgreSQL Experts: Django & ORMs
- Craig Kerstiens (US) - Heroku: Tools, django, Postgres
For more information please see our main webpage: http://ar.pycon.org/2012?lang=
PgDay Argentina 2012 - in parallel!
This year, the the Argentina's PostgreSQL mini-conference will be held in parallel to PyConAR sprints for first time, trying to share resources and bringing the communities closer. For details please see: http://www.pgday.com.ar
PyCon Argentina 2012 Sponsors
We wish to thank the following Sponsors that made PyCon Argentina possible:
- Diamond: MSA Group and Machinalis
- Gold: Urban Station
- Silver: Fierro, Onapsis, Core Security, Datatec
- Bronze: Thymbra, Liricus, WingWare
Call for sponsors is still open, for more information see: http://ar.pycon.org/2012/
PyCon Argentina 2012 Important Dates:
- 20-Jul-2012 to 27-Jul-2012: Community Voting
- 1-Ago-2012: Notification of talk/tutorial acceptance
- 12-Ago-2012: Schedule Publication
- 12-Sep-2012: Deadline for Call for Posters and Workshops
- 12-Oct-2012: Deadline for Call for Sponsors, Stands, etc.
- November 12th - 14th, 2012: Sprints and Workshops!
- November 15th, 2012: Tutorials
- November 16th - 17th, 2012: Main Conference talks and keynotes
About PyCon Argentina 2012:
PyCon Argentina is the largest annual worldwide community gathering of Spanish-speaking users and developers of the Python programming language. This year we expect around 500 attendees, with +250 already pre-registered.
It is a community conference organized by volunteers of Python Argentina users group (PyAr), lasting several days which will bring short courses and lectures related to this language that incipiently makes its place among the developers.
We intended to make a space where anyone interested can come to ask, learn and experiment with these tools.
This is our 4th conference, again in Buenos Aires, Argentina's capital and one of the most important cities in Latin America.
Mariano Reingart - PyCon Argentina 2012 Chair