What in the world could be more exciting than fantastic startups using Python to help change the world? The answer, simply put, is nothing.
Come visit the Startup Row in PyCon 2016’s Expo Hall to see some of the best young companies pitch their startup ideas, and to learn how they are using Python to make an impact. These are the best Python startups in North America, many of whom had to win a previous pitch competition in their home market to make it to Startup Row. It’s this next generation of Python startups who will continue to build up our community, so let’s show them the support they deserve.
The moment you’ve all been waiting for — drumroll, please —
Announcing the 2016 Startup Row Selections for PyCon:
- UtilityAPI — An energy data infrastructure company that specializes in facilitating communication between utilities, account holders, and third parties.
- Metabrite — Provides consumer and behavioral insights for the consumer packaged goods industry.
- ReUP — An online marketplace for the wholesale distribution of regulated cannabis products.
- Validate Health — an actuarial risk analytics platform that helps hospitals and other medical providers to identify and manage patient financial risk.
- Bauxy — Administers a patient’s health insurance and financial accounts to help reconcile healthcare transactions at the point of service.
- CodeUpstart — Lets anyone learn how to code by cloning real life startups like Kickstarter, Instagram, Medium and more from zero to launch.
- Deako — Beautiful, connected light switches that allow you to control any light in your home from any light switch or your phone at one fifth the cost of comparable systems.
- LadyMarry — A Virtual Wedding Planner who helps couples customize schedules, recommend vendors and coordinate all details. LadyMarry is powered by big data.
- Script Speaker — A cloud-based service for rendering film scripts from text to audio files.
- Textio — Shows you how your job listings and candidate emails will perform before you’ve even posted them.
Finally, we would like to recognize all of the entrepreneurs who submitted their application to be part of Startup Row. This has been one of the strongest applicant pools we've seen yet. We wish every company the best of luck!