It is with great excitement that we welcome you to register for PyCon US 2021 starting today! The health and safety of our global community has been at the forefront of our minds every day, and thus the event will be held online May 12-18, 2021.
Planning for a virtual conference is new for the volunteers and staff that make PyCon possible. We are hard at work to reimagine the conference and ensure it is an exciting opportunity and to create a space to come together amid an otherwise isolating era.
We hope that this virtual format will provide an opportunity for even more of our community to take part in PyCon.
How do I register?
- $50 for students
- $100 for individuals
- $150 for corporate
- $1,000 for patrons
Why are we charging for a virtual event?Even though PyCon US is an online event this year, it is the main fundraiser for the PSF.
- Most importantly, the revenue that PyCon US generates funds the operations of the Python Software Foundation.
- The PSF:
- Runs PyCon US, protects several trademarks such as Python, PyPI, PyLadies, and PyCon
- Supports core Python development
- Gives out grants to efforts all around the world
- Houses and helps maintain community infrastructure such as pypi.org and python.org
- Provides fiscal sponsorship support
- Employs 7 staff members
- The PSF is experiencing a financial loss incurred as a result of the cancellation of two in-person PyCons. Any money we raise from this event will help offset that loss. Read more about the PSF’s recent financial impacts here.
- Registration fees will help offset PyCon US costs, including production and a virtual platform for engagement.
PyCon Tutorials will take place on Wednesday May 12th, 2021 and Thursday May 13th, 2021. Proposals are still being accepted for tutorials through February 12, 2021. Find more information and submit a proposal here. Once our tutorial committee has selected and scheduled tutorials, you will be able to add them to your conference registration for an additional fee. Watch for tutorial registration to launch in March.
Requests for conference registration cancellations must be made in writing and sent to PyCon 2021 registration via email at email@example.com. Notification of cancellation must be submitted by May 7, 2021 in order to receive a refund less a processing fee of $10.00.
Financial assistance is provided to welcome those who might not be able to attend otherwise. PyCon US 2021 financial aid program will offer a limited number of complimentary conference registrations.
For information please see our Financial Aid page.
To find all of the details and common questions, please see the registration information page.