The detailed conference program schedule is available at: http://ar.pycon.org/2012/schedule
Admittance is free of charge (web registration is required as venue capacity is limited). To get a conference T-shirt, promotional items and catering, early bird registration is open up to September 30th, 2012 (30% off). Speakers are eligible for a 50% special discount. Additional donations are accepted thorough the payment process (fundraising). First time attendees, students and general public can also opt to register at the "gratis" rate (free, no cost) to get their badge and program guide.
Sessions will include two days of talks from local and international renowned experts, with inaugural Science Track and “extreme” talks, preceded of one day of tutorial/workshops and three days of sprints meetings. Exhibition hall will include posters and community booths (SOLAR free software civil association, FACTTIC federation of IT cooperatives, Mozilla-Ar, Ubuntu-Ar, PostgreSQL, Hacklabs and “Programming with robots” project from LINTI UNLP).
Educational activities ongoing are a Student Works Contest and a Programming Challenge “Learning to program with Robots and Python”, with important awards (including a robot as first prize!).
This PyCon Argentina 2012 edition will be held in parallel with two special events: "PgDay Argentina 2012" (3rd. intensive one-day PostgreSQL mini conference) and a SugarLabs Day (Education and OLPC), sharing speakers and participants.
Finally, there will be open social events to network with speakers, sponsors and attendees:
- PyCon Reception: "buffet pizza-party" at the University Campus, on Friday November 16th evening
- PyCon Closing Party: beer & appetizers at Quilmes Brewery Park on Saturday November 17th night
- Tourist Tour: "asado" bbq at a rowing club in an island of Tigre, Parana's delta near Buenos Aires, on Sunday November 18th
- Web frameworks (django, web2py, plone, etc.) and “Visual” GUI toolkits
- Engineering and Scientific Computing (numeric processing and 2D/3D visualization)
- Python in Education (OLPC, robots, videogames and intro to programming)
- Databases: realtional, NoSQL and “Cloud” applications
- Multiprocessing, performance and Python 3
Distinguished international speakers:
- Dr. Massimo Di Pierro - De Paul University (EEUU): web2py web framework, FermiLab QCD, supercomputers
- Dr. Brett Cannon - Google (EEUU): python core development
- Mg. Andrea Gavana - Maersk Oil (Dinamarca): wxPython (GUI visual) and 2D/3D Visualization of oil fields
- Christophe Pettus - PostgreSQL Experts (EEUU): Django web framework and ORMs
- Craig Kerstiens - Heroku (EEUU): Django web framework and cloud services
- Shahrokh Mortazavi y Dino Viehland - Microsoft (EEUU): Python Tools for Visual Studio, Azure, PyKinect
- Erico Andrei - Simples Consultoria (Brasil): Plone CMS - PythonBrasil
10+ additional speakers from U.S.A., Chile, Perú, Brasil, Spain, Cuba and more than 50 presenters from Argentina completes the schedule. Full speaker list is available at: http://ar.pycon.org/2012/activity/speakers
There are more than 100+ accepted activities (50+ talks, 20+ posters, 10 sprint projects, 4 tutorials and 7 workshops, 4 plenary sessions, open spaces and special events): http://ar.pycon.org/2012/activity/accepted
About PyCon Argentina:PyCon Argentina is currently the largest gathering of users and developers of the Spanish-speaking Python Community. With already more than 430 registered participants from around 14 countries including EE.UU., Chile, Peru, Brasil, Uruguay, Colombia, Spain, Paraguay, Mexico, Ecuador, Dinamarca, Cuba y Canada, we expect to exceed 500 attendees (entrepreneurs, professionals, teachers, students and enthusiasts).
The event is possible thanks to the generous support of the following sponsors: Grupo MSA, Machinalis, UrbanStation, Microsoft, Lambda Sistemas, Onapsis, Core Security, Dattatec, Sistemas Ágiles, Thymbra, Liricus, WingWare, EducacionIT y RobotGroup, with special tanks to the Python Software Foundation, PostgreSQL, Google Inc., Maersk Oil, 10Gen, Heroku, Packt Publishing, Python Brasil and Simples Consultoria.
PyCon Argentina 2012 is a non-profit community conference, organized by volunteers and underwritten by SOLAR Civil Association and the National University of Quilmes.
PyCon Argentina 2012 Conference Chair
+54 (11) 4450-0716