Python Education Summit at PyCon 2014
The Python Education Summit is gathering of teachers and educators focused on bringing coding literacy, through Python, to as broad a group of audiences, as possible. We invite educators from all venues to consider joining the discussion, share insights, learn new techniques and tools and generally share their passion for education. We are looking for educators from many venues: authors; schools, colleges, universities; community-based workshops; online programs; and government.
If you are interested in attending this summit, presenting or have questions, please contact Naomi Ceder, Chalmer Lowe or Jessica Nickel.
More information: https://us.pycon.org/2014/events/edusummit/
Python Education Summit - Call for Papers
Do you have a story to share on education and Python? We are actively looking for presenters for the Python Education Summit and have extended the submission deadline. Please submit a topic you would like to present on. Interested in seeing the topics others are proposing to speak on? Click here to have a look and vote for your favorites - help us define this year's agenda.
Need some ideas for topics you could present? Maybe one of these topics will inspire you to share your experiences:
- The joy and pain of authoring a book on Python
- Teaching Python on a shoestring budget
- Gamifying how you teach Python to strengthen engagement and return on investment
- Using the Raspberry Pi to teach Python
- Tips for developing your Python-based curriculum
- How to choose what to teach
- Educating children to program in Python
- Educating seniors to program in Python
- Helping a student transition from Learning Py to Py Employment
- How to make money teaching Python
- Developing a community program teaching Python
- Train the Trainer: teaching volunteers to teach Python
- Exploring the resources available to instructors
- Choosing the right teaching resources
- Taking a student to the next level - guiding 'self study'
If you are interested in presenting, please submit your ideas for topics/presentations that you would like to present. We will gather feedback on the submissions to assist us in building the agenda. All submissions must be in by February 25th and decisions on speakers/presenters will be made and speakers will be notified by February 28th, 2014.
NOTE: All speakers will be offered early bird pricing for attendance at PyCon.