PyCon’s Startup Row kicks off our 2016 season with a pitch event March 9th, hosted by SF Python at Yelp! HQ. This continues a tradition started for PyCon Montreal 2014, where Startup Row held pitch events around North America to select participants. A benefit of this approach is to guarantee geographic diversity in our featured startups.
On March 9th, early-stage startups will present at SF Python’s audience of over 200 for a chance to connect with the global Python community at PyCon Portland. Joining on the judging panel are Bebe Chueh Chief Marketing Officer of Legalzoom Local, bethanye McKinney Blount founder of Cathy Labs, Christine Spang founder of Startup Row alumnus Nylas, Jessica Scorpio founder of Getaround, and Kat Manalac partner at Y Combinator.
Startup Row will award the winner selected by our judges with a free booth in the expo hall and two PyCon badges, so that they can join the 11 other early-stage startups on Startup Row in our Expo Hall at the Oregon Convention Center.
If you founded or work at a startup founded in the last two years and currently have less than 15 employees, the organizers of Startup Row want to speak with you.
Apply now to pitch on March 9th for a spot on Startup Row!
Coming up later in the month are events in Seattle on March 21st and Chicago on March 30th. The event in Seattle is in collaboration with Techstars Seattle and will be held in Startup Hall on University of Washington’s campus. Braintree is hosting the Chicago pitch event. Adam Forsyth our supporter at Braintree also hosted a successful event for Startup Row in 2014.
Startups in Seattle and Chicago, apply here to be considered!
Visit the PyCon website for more about Startup Row.
Judges for our SF Python Startup Row Event:
- Bebe Chueh, Chief Marketing Office Legalzoom Local Bebe Chueh cofounded AttorneyFee, acquired by Legalzoom in summer 2014. Currently as Chief Marketing Officer of Legalzoom Local, Bebe prioritizes building value in the product for all stakeholders and profitability of Legalzoom Local both short-term and in the more distant horizon.
- Bethanye McKinney Blount, Founder Cathy Labs Bethanye McKinney Blount, a Texas native, is a technology leader with over 20 years of experience delivering great products and scalable infrastructure. She was briefly reddit’s first VP of Engineering, after working on some of Facebook’s most complex infrastructure projects.
- Christine Spang, Founder & CTO Nylas
Christine went to MIT, dropped out of an operating systems graduate program to be an early engineer at Ksplice, and most recently cofounded Nylas, a startup building an email platform. Recently Forbes named Christine to its “30 under 30: Enterprise Software” list.
- Jessica Scorpio, Founder Getaround
Jessica Scorpio is a founder and Director of Marketing at Getaround, a peer-to-peer carsharing company. Scorpio previously founded IDEAL, a not-for-profit network for entrepreneurs and young leaders.
- Kat Manalac, Partner Y Combinator Kat Manalac is a partner at Y Combinator and originally joined as its first Director of Outreach. Kat focuses on finding great entrepreneurs for the program.