As November approaches, many of us are starting to plan for the holidays, vacations, and/or how to bring in the New Year. Before we get seasonally busy, we wanted to take the time to remind Pythonistas of a few PyCon deadlines and upcoming launches!
- Registration for the 2019 conference will launch in early November! The first 800 registrations are sold at an early bird rate:
- Corporate tickets will start at $550 USD
- Hobbyist tickets will start at $350 USD
- Student tickets will start at $100 USD
- November 25, 2018 is the deadline to submit a PyCon Tutorial proposal
- January 3, 2019 is the deadline to submit a PyCon Talk proposal, Poster proposal, Education Summit proposal, and Las PyCon Charlas proposal
- Financial aid is now accepting applications. February 12, 2019 is the deadline to submit an application
- The Hatchery Program is accepting proposals until end of day January 3, 2019
We’re looking for all types of Tutorial, Talk, Poster, and Education Summit topics to help our community learn, so be sure to check out our Call for Proposals for more details and submit your proposal via your dashboard soon!
Follow us on Twitter for updates: https://twitter.com/pycon.
To those in the Northern Hemisphere, Happy Autumn!
[Image description: Kitten sitting on a pile of leaves]
[Image description: Cat sitting on a pile of leaves with a pumpkin and squash nearby]